Author Topic: No cancerous activity found in Judy's PET scan!!  (Read 6784 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
No cancerous activity found in Judy's PET scan!!
« on: July 04, 2008, 11:19:24 AM »
I went to Cancer Treatment Centers of America on July 1st to have a PET scan.  Saw Dr. Neelam On the third and she said that the PET scan shows NO CANCER ACTIVITY at ALL either in my back or in the tumors in my abdominal wall!!!   ;D  The report also says that the tumors in my abdominal wall continue to shrink!!  For some reason they did not have my tumor marker report ready - so I will have to ask them to fax that to me next week if I remember to call them.

We are all very thrilled to say the least! 

From what the Dr. here in KC told me, they would do chemo, it would go away, then it would come back stronger than it was before.... then we would do chemo... it would go away... etc etc until either the chemo did not work anymore or my body just couldn't handle it any more - then I would die.  Statistically this is supposed to happen over then next year or so.  BUT.... I am DESPERATELY holding onto the hope that this does NOT happen and that this is the END of it!  I know I may be living in a dream world - but that is what I am visualizing - so hopefully that is what will happen!  ::)

I have to go back in 3 months - or maybe every month - depending upon whether I can get someone here to order me to have the infusion of Zometa for my bones.  If I can't get someone here to order it - then I will have to fly out there every 4 weeks to get it.  Silly because it is a 20 minute procedure!  I already called my regular Doctor, and she will not "get in the middle of it" so..... not sure where to go from here.

I have been reading a book entitled "Bigger Than Pink" by Lori Lober - that lives in Kansas city and was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer that had metasticized to her liver in 2000 and she is alive and well!!!!  As I read her book - I see many similarities in what she received for chemo - (Taxotere and herceptin) - and also things that she does / takes - like the AHCC that I am taking/doing.  So... I am hoping that God pointed me to this book to read to give me hope that ALL WILL BE FINE from here on out - it is only going to be better and I no longer have that death sentence hanging over my head!  ;)

Check out my photo gallery for new pictures of me, ctca and some of the workers there - including Dr. Neelam - all of whom said it was ok for me to put the pics on my website. : )

Thanks to anyone who is reading this for your support, prayers and love!

Judy
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 11:25:47 AM by Judy »

Cheryl McCain

• View Profile
Re: No cancerous activity found in Judy's PET scan!!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 11:57:04 AM »
Judy!  I can't tell you how thrilled I am to see this news on this wonderful celebration day!!  You keep reading that book and keep your positive attitude and I'll keep praying for ya hon!!
Love ya!!!!

Cheryl McCain

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 12:06:32 PM »
Cheryl,

I truly appreciate your prayers and for continuing to pray for me after all this time!  It seems like the year has flown by! : )

BIG HUGS!!

Judy

Jolene

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 03:08:01 PM »
Praise God Judy!
I knew that all of our prayers would be answered.  I know that your husband and children are so very excited.
Remember to keep your heart merry.
Proverbs 17:22 [A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones]
A merry heart is healthful, but one completely broken in spirit and dejected will develop many physical illnesses. Nothing ruins health more than grief, continual worry, anxiety, fretfulness, bad tempers, hatred, and malice. The end of these things is death. We should rid ourselves of these destructive things.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 05:06:44 PM »
Thank you Jolene!  I do tend to have a merry heart most of the time - so I should be good in that area anyway!  giggle   ;D

Praise God Judy!
I knew that all of our prayers would be answered.  I know that your husband and children are so very excited.
Remember to keep your heart merry.
Proverbs 17:22 [A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones]
A merry heart is healthful, but one completely broken in spirit and dejected will develop many physical illnesses. Nothing ruins health more than grief, continual worry, anxiety, fretfulness, bad tempers, hatred, and malice. The end of these things is death. We should rid ourselves of these destructive things.

eviltwin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 08:32:32 PM »
I knew you could get to this point.   8)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 09:15:30 PM »
From what I am hearing - now the HARD WORK begins.... STAYING at this point!!!!    :o

I knew you could get to this point.   8)

patti

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 05:55:36 PM »
 ;D We knew you could do it sis......
Wonderful...Wonderful...news....
You will remain cancer free...
I love you and admire you for all you have been thru and how prayers changed all the odds..
Gene and Laurie were thrilled to hear the news!
Give the kids and Tom my love!
 ;D Again, Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love Patti

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 10:27:28 PM »
I love you too sis!  Thanks for hanging in there with me!  And keep on hanging.... AND.... we need to meet up back in Zion some time again!!  giggle

;D We knew you could do it sis......
Wonderful...Wonderful...news....
You will remain cancer free...
I love you and admire you for all you have been thru and how prayers changed all the odds..
Gene and Laurie were thrilled to hear the news!
Give the kids and Tom my love!
 ;D Again, Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love Patti