Author Topic: Well... I MADE it here to Zion, IL.....  (Read 4388 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Well... I MADE it here to Zion, IL.....
« on: September 10, 2007, 09:30:34 AM »
My husband and my daughter took me to the airport yesterday.  We were unsure exactly what to do once we got there, but now that we have made it though the checkin process once - we will know what to do from now on!   ???

Leaving my family behind was the most difficult part.  I told Tom.... if for some reason I don't make it through this.. please be sure to remind the kids if they forget that I stepped WAY out of my "comfort zone" to get the best help I could in order to try and survive!

Probably the worst part of the trip was having to sit in a wheelchair because the lines were so long and there was no way I was going to be able to stand - even with the pain killers I am on, my back still hurts  in situations like that.  I  was grateful for the kindness and help from those arround me that helped me get seated, my computer put up and taken down when I got ready to leave, took me to the baggage claim area, etc.

I arrived at the OHare airport in Chicago, and a sweet gal with beautiful fingernails took me down to baggage area, I spotted John from CTCA immediately!  I was so relieved to see him!

John took me out to the big long white limo to wait while he picked up a few other people who were on different flights and were heading out to CTCA as well.

It was a long trip from the airport to the hotel I am staying at, but I was kept company by some wonderful people who talked to me and told me about their experiences.  I cannot for the life of me remember their names, although we all introduced ourselves!  I will remember their faces though!  The main theme of the conversations was thta CTCA is a place of healing and HOPE.  No doomsayers here!  And that is exactly what my family and I need!!

After dropping everyone else off at their hotels, John took me to CTCA so I could see what it looked like and explained how everything worked around there.  Then he took me to Wendy's so I could get some supper to take back to the hotel.  The hotel is quite a ways away from any fast food joints or restaurants, so that will be a challenge to make sure the meals are taken care of while I am out and about.  I will have to put my "thinking cap" on for that - and will be so HAPPY when my sister gets here tomorrow so SHE can have that responsibility of thinking!!  giggle

One of the hotels - Illinois Beach Resort - is right at Lake Michigan and was so beautiful!  I decided as I saw it that I would stay there at some point because my family would LOVE it if they were with me!

I feel bad that I did not post last night, because I told Marianne to look for a post - but I didnt remember it until after I had gotten to bed.  I actually got up to go into the dining room where the computer is, but realized it was after midnight... so thought I had better wait until this morning and try to catch some zzzzz's!  Sorry sweet baby girl ... I will try to do better! :-*

My dreams were really weird - I dreamed of being somewhere here with Marianne and there were alot of cats there.  One of the cats jumped on my shoulder and was so loving and purring.  It looked like my cat - Callie - who is NOT terribly affectionate unless I have food at the time!  LOL  So... I got Marianne and was telling her about this sweet cat - and we looked around and there were about 5 cats that looked identical to Callie!  ARGGH!!  We were trying to figure out which one was the one that gave me so much affection earlier - but they were all equally affectionate - so we could not tell!  There were other cats around - all resembling our cats at home.  I am sure a dream interpreter would find something very interesting about this dream!!    :D

AFter that dream, I started dreaming about the day today.  I missed the shuttle to get to the hotel and was frantic because it was the last shuttle for the day.  Thankfully I woke up before that dream got too involved!!

Well.. better get off this computer.  The shuttle will be leaving in about 40 minutes to go to CTCA.  I am nervous....

« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 10:05:06 AM by Judy »

eviltwin

• View Profile
Re: Well... I MADE it here to Zion, IL.....
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 10:39:12 AM »
I'm no dream interpeter, but I would say that Marianne and your cats were missing you last night, and vice versa.  :)
Thanks for posting, I haven't been able to get you off my mind.

Love & Hugs
your evil twin  ;D

patti

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 07:10:38 PM »
  :-\ oh dear, I am not very good at thinking lol...but when it comes to food you can bet we will have it!!!!
can't wait to get there tomorrow...I can't wait until the treatment they choose cures you. Well when God cures you! You are one loved lady....All the prayers and kind thoughts and words about you! You will do anything for attention!!! ;D
Again can't wait to get there tomorrow! Don't be afraid because big sis is coming!

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 07:41:02 PM »
Evil twin... I was thinking it went deeper than cats and daughter missing me - more like... I used to be a cat in a previous life and those were my great great great grand children or something!!  heheheheheh

Sis... the POSSE is COMING to town!!  YIPPEEE!!!!!!!!!  This town will never be the same!!   ;D

eviltwin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 07:45:35 PM »
Well do tell us about your day! We are all sitting here waiting to hear about it.
You get to ride in a limo, and just forget the rest?
Geeze girlfriend! lol

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 08:41:57 PM »
Well do tell us about your day! We are all sitting here waiting to hear about it.
You get to ride in a limo, and just forget the rest?
Geeze girlfriend! lol

Hold your horses sista!!  I keep getting phone calls and then add to that not being able to type very quickly on this laptop.....  welll, I can actually TYPE fast... it just comes out something like this... jdsiau dsaug o8adkjjg  dskak.... then I realize that I am over to the right too far on the keyboard and have to start over!!!  giggle