Author Topic: More Tests - Hope I PASSED!! LOL  (Read 3674 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
More Tests - Hope I PASSED!! LOL
« on: September 12, 2007, 09:26:19 PM »
Yesterday was a full day of appointments and JOY because my sister, Patti got here!

I had a visit with a Internal Med doctor to go over my diabetes protocol.   He was great! He was concerned about the chronic back pain and gave me a prescription for a patch to put on to help with it.  (more on that later)  He also said that it looked like the protocol my endocrinologist had me on fit well with my lifestyle and that things seemed to be under control, but that he would definately need to monitor me depending upon the chemotherapy treatment I would be having to make sure that the insulin I take kept my blood sugars under control, because some of the chemo drugs can wreak havok on blood sugars.

When Patti got here I was so excited to see her!  I had not seen her for almost five years!  She wanted to make it easier on us by renting a car instead of having to depend upon the shuttle to take us to CTCA and back.  Problem was that the car that Enterprise had available ended up having bad brakes - so we had to get a cargo van!  Thankfully I am used to driving a large van - so it was not a problem, although I may have scared Patti driving it!!   :o

When we left the hospital, we had to go to Walgreens to get the prescriptions filled - and stopped at Applebees to eat while we waited.  WONDERFUL food!!  YUM!!!

We got back home and Patti put the pain patch on me.  I remember waking up during the night and Patti asked me if I needed anything... I asked her what time it was and she said it was 3:30 am.  So I told her I needed her to shut up and go back to sleep!   ;D  Which she did immediately!!

The next time I woke up it was 8am and my head hurt so bad I thought I was going to die right then!  I was nauseated and shaking... Patti took the patch off my shoulder and called the hospital and told them she thought I was having a reaction to the pain patch.  They told her she did the right thing taking it off and to give me the Darvocet to see if that would help take the headache away.  I had an MRI scheduled for 11 and a couple of CT scans scheduled later... so we rescheduled the MRI and I laid down and tried to get rid of the headache.  It was pretty much gone in a couple of hours and I felt SO MUCH better!  I also did not have very much back pain at all - which was WONDERFUL!!

The CT scans went fine - the MRI had to be rescheduled to tomorrow AM because I could not get my arms over my head to be able to fit into the enclosed tube.  So, I will be having one with an open machine tomorrow where my arms can be at my side.

The Doctor heard about my reaction and came down to Imaging to see me while I was waiting for the scan.  He said he wanted this medicine to get out of my system first, then on Friday am would put a morphine patch on me and monitor me during the day.

Today is mine and Tom's 20th wedding anniversary!  I love and miss him and my kids so much!  I can hardly wait to get back home!   :-*

Judy

eviltwin

• View Profile
Re: More Tests - Hope I PASSED!! LOL
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 08:18:18 PM »
You got morphine In a patch??
God I love that stuff!!! LOL
If I could get morphine patches life would be good! I could even quit smoking!! LOL

When I had surgery back in the 80's, they gave me one of those push button morphine thingy's so I could self administer. Shoot, everytime someone came in my room I didn't want to visit with, I just hit that button and I was gone........you gotta love that! LOL

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 09:55:23 AM »
The patch was a derivative of morphine or an evil twin (heheheheh) of it - and made me sicker than a dog - I will send mine to you so you can stop smoking!  heheheh

They put me on pills now - morphine ER to take 2xs day and then a morphine immediate release for breakthrough pain - they are both working WONDERFULLY!  So nice to be out of this pain!!

You got morphine In a patch??
God I love that stuff!!! LOL
If I could get morphine patches life would be good! I could even quit smoking!! LOL

When I had surgery back in the 80's, they gave me one of those push button morphine thingy's so I could self administer. Shoot, everytime someone came in my room I didn't want to visit with, I just hit that button and I was gone........you gotta love that! LOL

Rachael

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 07:48:49 AM »
Happy 20th anniversary!  I'm sure he'll be glad to have you home.

My mom is on a Morphine patch continuously.. changes it every 3 days for that awful Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Some people do have bad reactions to it.  Thankfully your sister knew what to do!

Hang in there.
Love,
Rachael

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 10:56:13 AM »
Man, Rachael - if Patti had not been there, I would be laying on the floor dead, I bet!  The pain was astronomical!  BUT... the good news was - after the headache went away, it also took the pain from my BACK away for about 1 1/2 days... which was wonderful - but when it came back I turned into the usual "whiney brat" that I am!!   ::)

Happy 20th anniversary!  I'm sure he'll be glad to have you home.

My mom is on a Morphine patch continuously.. changes it every 3 days for that awful Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Some people do have bad reactions to it.  Thankfully your sister knew what to do!

Hang in there.
Love,
Rachael