Author Topic: GOOD NEWS GOOD NEWS!!!  (Read 4351 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
GOOD NEWS GOOD NEWS!!!
« on: September 14, 2007, 09:21:13 PM »
I went to Cancer Treatment Centers of America today to see the breast cancer oncologist.  Both Patti and I were pretty nervous worrying about the results of the test results.

When we got in there, we were so HAPPY to hear that the cancer is NOT NOT NOT in the brain, the boney part of the eye, the right leg or the uterus!!  YIPPEE!!  So we are back to the original spots - L4 in my spine and a few spots in my abdomen!

I know ... I STILL have it - but I am telling you.... the fact that it did not show up on these more recent tests, but DID show up on the PET scan a couple of weeks ago.... tells me that all of you that have been storming the heavens with prayers.... should be rejoicing right along with me!!   :D

And... as if that was not good enough news.... guess what??  I had my first chemotherapy today!  It was with the drug Taxotere given with other drugs to stave off the side effects / reactions.  I will be having another chemotherapy tomorrow and will be flying home afterwards! 

Oh... yes.... and if you want any more good news..... It has bee about 6 hours since the chemo therapy and I have had virtually NO SIDE EFFECTS or reactions!!  I have a little bit of neuropathy in my right foot - but it is bearable.  No nausea at all!  In fact, my sister and I went out to dinner after dropping off all the drugs at the pharmacy!!

The plan is to have the chemo, blood cell count willing, every 3 weeks here at CTCA over the course of 2 days.  I will be back hopefully on October 12th for the next session.

The doctor reiterated that the cancer is not curable at this late stage - and that the statistics do show that people can comfortably live for 3-5 and MORE years.... so I plan to be on the MORE percentage of those statistics and be around for 10-20-30 years instead!!   :-*

Ok - thats all the good news.... I am so anxious to see my family tomorrow - although I am going to miss the heck out of Patti!

THANK YOU ALL for your love and prayers!  Please... continue to pray for me!!!!!!!!

Judy

patti

• View Profile
Re: GOOD NEWS GOOD NEWS!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 07:07:45 PM »
 ;D I am so proud of Judy! Thank you everyone for your prayers and please do not stop because she still has a long road ahead.... Please respond to site...It means alot to her to hear from you all...
I must tell you Judy had DR's and nurses laughing. Dr's were saying things like you made my afternoon just talking to you..nurse's were coming to me saying your sister is a hoot...Imagine with all she is going through to make others laugh...
We laughed alot during our stay..It was so nice to be together. (Its been 5 years).Just remember sometimes we get so busy and feel we have plenty of time to see and talk to our love ones...Life can change in a blink of an eye..pick up the phone and call a love one you have not talk to in awhile...send a letter...
I want to thank everyone for their prayers but as I said we have a long way to go..please continue and please respond to the forum...She reads it each night.
Judy can do this..with our help...

eviltwin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 08:14:57 PM »
I have not been getting my updates via email from this site.  :(

I am not the least bit surprised you had the Dr's and nurses laughing.  ;D

YES YOU ARE GOING TO SHOW THEM YOU ARE STAYING WITH US!!!

So what about the naturopath? Did you see that person?
What about supplements for the immune system?  Nutrition? Did anyone talk about diet?
Nosey Rosey here ya know!
Why aint I getting my updates? I feel so denied!!  ???

I love Good news, and you too Judy.  :)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 09:59:51 AM »
Aww.... I was so GLAD to have you there with me Patti!  I really think that after that first visit when she told me that they thought there was cancer in all those other spots - I would have hightailed it back home if you were not going to be there the next day!

Hey.... what about the nurse that said I was a pain in the ass??  lol  That was my favorite - although I did like that PA looking at the swelling in my right foot and saying... wow, that is remarkable!! 

;D I am so proud of Judy! Thank you everyone for your prayers and please do not stop because she still has a long road ahead.... Please respond to site...It means alot to her to hear from you all...
I must tell you Judy had DR's and nurses laughing. Dr's were saying things like you made my afternoon just talking to you..nurse's were coming to me saying your sister is a hoot...Imagine with all she is going through to make others laugh...
We laughed alot during our stay..It was so nice to be together. (Its been 5 years).Just remember sometimes we get so busy and feel we have plenty of time to see and talk to our love ones...Life can change in a blink of an eye..pick up the phone and call a love one you have not talk to in awhile...send a letter...
I want to thank everyone for their prayers but as I said we have a long way to go..please continue and please respond to the forum...She reads it each night.
Judy can do this..with our help...

Rachael

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 07:45:06 AM »
That's wonderful news, Judy!  I am glad to hear about the reports and that you are not suffering from nausea. 

Your sister sounds great.. I'm very happy she was there with you.  ((hugs))

I looked at your photo album at dinner.. you look so good.  I know you probably only felt 'so-so', but your spirits seem great.  I also saw your children.  They are adorable!!  I know you're proud of them and they are pulling for you.

How's your husband?

Praying for you!!
Rachael

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 10:58:39 AM »
I think YOU need glasses too if you think I looked good after that chemo Rachael!   :-*

Tom was glad to have me home (I think!  LOL) but he is showing the "wear and tear" of the nerve wracking - which makes me nervous!  I want to wave a magic wand and make all his worries go away so he can relax a little!!   :o

That's wonderful news, Judy!  I am glad to hear about the reports and that you are not suffering from nausea. 

Your sister sounds great.. I'm very happy she was there with you.  ((hugs))

I looked at your photo album at dinner.. you look so good.  I know you probably only felt 'so-so', but your spirits seem great.  I also saw your children.  They are adorable!!  I know you're proud of them and they are pulling for you.

How's your husband?

Praying for you!!
Rachael