Author Topic: I'm Getting a new BOOBIE!!  (Read 4416 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm Getting a new BOOBIE!!
« on: October 25, 2008, 01:00:10 PM »
Last week, I finally found a plastic surgeon who would not refuse to give me a new upper body just because I smoke!  (My family Dr. had given me a list of 4 Plastic surgeons - 3 would not do it unless I had stopped smoking for at least 3 weeks)

So... On Thursday, October 23rd, I had surgery at Menorah Medical Center in KS and had a breast tissue expander put in and about 250CC of fluid to stretch out the breast tissue.  ;)

In 2 weeks, I will have another 200-250 cc's put in and a week later again, until Doctor Muller has me set to a D cup or whatever looks good to his experienced eye.  He did not think I should go smaller than a D cup because of my "build" - which probably means because I am so fat!   :P

Dr. Muller also got rid of what I have not so fondly called my "third boob", my "football" and my "pillow" that was behind my right armpit.  This has not only been an "eyesore" but also painful as well. 

The plan is that once the tissue is expanded to the size it needs to be, he will operate again and take out the tissue expander and put in a gel based implant.

Once I have healed from that, he will do a prophylactic mastectomy on the left breast (take all of the breast off and toss it) and put an implant on that side that matches the one he will have put in the right side.  Doing it this way will decrease the odds of me getting breast cancer in the left breast to 90-95%!!   Once that is all done... I guess we will be talking about how to get nipples on my new boobs.

In between all this, I will be having a complete hysterectomy on November the 18th due to the growths in my uterus.

So... the next few months are going to be filled with being cut from stem to stern - I sure hope I can make it through all this without too much stress on my body! 

This first surgery went very well - would not have been much stress at all - except for the fact that my lower back is hurting so bad that I am almost in tears most of the time and can barely walk from the pain.... even taking tons of morphine every day to try to control it!   :'(  This started about a week before the surgery.  If this pain does not go away... I am afraid there may be something terribly wrong in my back (what could be worse than cancer in the bone and degenerative disc disease???) and I may have to have surgery on IT too.....  I am praying constantly that the pain will go away so I can bare to walk or even get into bed without extreme pain!

Please continue to keep me in your thoughts and prayers!

Judy

uniquebeme1

• View Profile
Re: I'm Getting a new BOOBIE!!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 01:49:47 PM »
Wow this is better than yahoo 360 blog.  My goodness you have been through so much Im sorry about that but so glad u are getting new boobs --how awesome!!!!  You hang in there and Im praying for ya and here is a prayer to love ya xoxoxoxoxo

Dearest Lord, may I see you today and every day in the person of your sick, and, whilst nursing them, minister unto you.

Though you hide yourself behind the unattractive disguise of the irritable, the exacting, the unreasonable, may I still recognize you, and say: Jesus, my patient, how sweet it is to serve you.

Lord, give me this seeing faith, then my work will never be monotonous. I will ever find joy in humouring the fancies and gratifying the wishes of all poor sufferers.

O beloved sick, how doubly dear you are to me, when you personify Christ; and what a privilege is mine to be allowed to tend you.

Sweetest Lord, make me appreciative of the dignity of my high vocation, and its many responsibilities. Never permit me to disgrace it by giving way to coldness, unkindness, or impatience.

And O God, while you are Jesus my patient, deign also to be to me a patient Jesus, bearing with my faults, looking only to my intention, which is to love and serve you in the person of each one of your sick.

Lord, increase my faith, bless my efforts and work, now and for evermore, Amen.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 02:03:12 PM »
Thanks Diana!  And since you have known me since we were kids... how long has it been since I have had a D cup for boobs - 7th grade maybe??   ;D
xoxoxoxoxxo

eviltwin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 07:52:15 PM »

What is this 3rd one of which you speak?  :-\

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 09:23:27 PM »
It was a small mass of "fat" I guess that the general surgeon left behind when he cut from my mid chest back to behind my arm pit to remove the breast and lymphnodes when he did the mastectomy last year.  It even had a point to it - looking like a very small nipple!   :o

What is this 3rd one of which you speak?  :-\