Author Topic: Just Had My 51st Birthday!  (Read 3556 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Just Had My 51st Birthday!
« on: January 26, 2010, 03:36:14 AM »
Hi everyone!  Just wanted you all to know that I just celebrated my 51st birthday!  Can you believe it?  REFRESHER >>>> In June of 2007 Tom and I were told by a very "temporary" local breast cancer oncologist that I only had one to three years to live because I am in stage 4 (final stage) of breast cancer.  In June of 2008, my pet scan revealed that there was "no cancerous activity" in my body.  By the grace of God and prayers from all of you, I am FIVE MONTHS away from the end that statistical 1-3 year death sentence and am doing just GREAT!! 

In 2008 when our beautiful daughter, Marianne, turned 15 - I took her birthday cake candles that were a 1 and a 5 and I transposed them to be 51 and put them in a baggie and hung them on my bulletin board in my office - hoping beyond all hope that God would see fit for me to be alive to celebrate my 51st birthday.... and here I am!!!   Thank you Lord!   I give Him all the praise and glory for guiding me to the RIGHT doctors, helping me to keep an upbeat and positive spirit and attitude and for me being alive today!

Now I have a problem....... my candles that I look at several times each day are 51 - and I did not save Marianne's candles from when she turned 16 last year.... so I guess I am going to have to wait for a few days until Stephen turns 19 - and steal his number nine and add it to my number five so my goal will be to live to age 59!!!!  LOL

I know.... you all probably think I am goofier than normal - and considering it is after 3:00 am.... you may be right.... but believe me when I say that if you have a tragic illness like this, every little thing in life you take pleasure and joy in - because you know you may not have many more times to enjoy that experience or thing again.  I remember our first Christmas after I was diagnosed and had just finished my regime of chemotherapy because I had pneumonia.... I did not think I would ever see another Christmas with my family again.  BUT .... each milestone I pass.... Christmases, Thanksgivings, my family and my birthdays .... each PET scan and CT scan that I get good results on .... each comprehensive blood test with tumor markers that are normal ..... I just get happier and more hopeful!!!!

That being said, my husband bought me a dozen long stemmed PINK roses and a big PINK box of chocolates and a CD for my birthday!  :)

The cards I got were so beautiful - the one from Tom's Dad made me cry because it talked about how happy he was that Tom found me.  I read that card first - and the others after that all made tears come to my eyes too! 

I love you ALL and am happy to be around to say that!  Thank you all so much for sticking with me through this and for your positive thoughts and prayers!  They LITERALLY mean the world to me!

Love,
Judy Gunderson

Jolene

• View Profile
Re: Just Had My 51st Birthday!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 08:16:38 AM »
I am so happy to hear the good news Judy! 
Shirley and I just talked about you this past weekend.  She said that she was wondering if I knew anything new about you. 
I stopped then to say a prayer for you.
I told her that I pray that no news meant good news!
God hasd blessed you and will continue to do so,I am sure.