Author Topic: Social Security Disability Benefits  (Read 3822 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Social Security Disability Benefits
« on: November 01, 2007, 09:19:11 AM »
Well... I got a letter yesterday from the Social Security office telling me that I had met the medical rules to qualify for benefits and that they needed to determine whether I had met the NON medical rules (whatever the heck that is!)   :-\

Honestly, I feel torn about this letter.  On one hand, because I no longer have my part time job at National Auto Sound, we will definately need the income.  On the other hand... the fact that they have determined I QUALIFIED makes me feel a sense of gloom and doom.  I keep trying to tell myself that I would have qualified on my back problems (bulging discs, arthritis) alone - and the cancer was just a secondary condition... but I still feel like... I don't know... like I am going to die soon, they know that, so they are giving me the benefits.   :-[

Sounds stupid, I know!

Judy
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 09:28:04 AM by Judy »

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Social Security Disability Benefits
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 11:50:50 AM »
Welll....  must have qualified for the "non medical" reasons too... because I received a disability check yesterday!  This is really going to help after losing my job at National Auto Sound!

:o   8)   :P   :-*   ;)   :D   :)   :D

eviltwin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 08:25:20 PM »
Glad you got a check!! Can you get me one too? lol

Cheryl McCain

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 02:45:26 PM »
You deserve the check Judy, you've been a hard working woman........who gives a fickle what they think, enjoy it!!  Fool them all and collect the money for a long long time!!!

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 12:46:05 PM »
Thanks Cheryl!  I just hope it doesnt end up that they say... ok .... cancers gone.... go back to work now!  giggle  I will be WAY to lazy by then!  hehehehehh

You deserve the check Judy, you've been a hard working woman........who gives a fickle what they think, enjoy it!!  Fool them all and collect the money for a long long time!!!