Author Topic: Third Set of Chemo behind me!!  (Read 3297 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Third Set of Chemo behind me!!
« on: November 15, 2007, 06:20:42 AM »
Got back from Zion on Sunday, 11/11 from the 3rd session of chemotherapy.  Things went MUCH BETTER this time after I got home - I have not been as sick as I was the last time!  YIPPEE!!!   :D

Marianne went with me this time - and things went pretty good.  We went shopping, went to Applebees a couple of times... she was a great support for me!  I got to take her to the beach - and even though it was chilly, we both had fun.  She took tons of pictures, wrote her name in the sand, collected sea shells and sand... it was fun watching her enjoy the place.  ;D  I will try to get her to hand over some of the pictures so I can post them in the gallery.

We will be heading back on 11/29 for CT and Bone scans to see how things are progressing.  I will be meeting with Dr. Neelam on Friday to discuss what is going on and how we will proceed from here.  Hoping for REALLY GOOD NEWS!!

So far, my blood counts are staying up just fine.  My potassium is dropping, even with taking a pill each day... but they want me to try and increase food intake high in potassium instead of upping the dose of potassium they give me.

The ND gave me some tips on keeping the IBS (Irritable Bowel) in check - and put me on a Probiotic.  I feel like all I do all day is push pills into my mouth!   :o

eviltwin

• View Profile
Re: Third Set of Chemo behind me!!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 05:55:17 PM »
Sounds like you are taking good care of yourself. I agree with the probiotic.  :)

Cheryl McCain

• View Profile
Re: Third Set of Chemo behind me!!
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 02:42:42 PM »
Will be much in prayer for you Judy for this next trip!  Keep us posted.  Bananas are a good source of potassium. :)